Create Microsoft Word, PowerPoint (and HTML documents) within R
Microsoft documents are everywhere in corporate environments.
Industry need tools to design complex tables in their statistical environment.
Analysts are spending lot of time updating existing reports (e.g. to make it
up to date regarding to changes in databases).
Need for editable graphics so that reviewers can annotate themselves plots.
easy to deploy
Reporting automation tool
enable pretty formating without (too much) efforts
Minimize dependencies with other softwares
What does it do?
- Generate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents
- FlexTable, an intuitive API to design and format tables
- New vector graphic device drivers
- Generate HTML chunks
- Manage corporate templates, specific formats, content replacement
How does it work?
- R code
- document representations are R objects of class docx or pptx
- Common methods for: tables, plots, texts and paragraphs, images and R scripts
- Some methods are specific to the type of output, e.g. TOC, page breaks, slides, pages
- writeDoc is generating the report.
- requires a java runtime.
Open the RStudio project located in the directory demo_r and run:
ReporteRs started with Jean François Collin from L'Oréal. Thanks for his ideas and suggestions.
Get ReporteRs from CRAN or the lastest version on GitHub
Github help pages
Use a spacebar or arrow keys to navigate